October 18, 2016: Everything Is New At QBQ! Full Display here.
Launch Day: Then and Now
On a sunny Colorado April day in 2001, the Millers posed for some pics of each of us holding the brand new QBQ! book. I’d just picked them up myself at the printer in Boulder. Self-published author!
My favorite image is little 2-year-old Tasha (lower pic, in Kristin’s arms)—now a senior in high school—pushing the book to the sky! So proud, I’m sure.
And then 3-year-old Jazzy—now in college—hiding behind her book down in front!
Little did we know that fine day that 15 years later we’d be able to hold up another version of the QBQ! book—the fifth one.
In the image below (left to right) you can see the five editions:
- That original 2001 smallest hardcover, made in Boulder.
- The 2002 paperback buyers still ask for now and then.
- The first edition by Penguin in NYC—returned to hardcover in 2004
- The rewritten and improved 2012 version by Penguin/Putnam.
- The best edition—rewritten again with a fresh look—hot off the PenguinRandomHouse press on Oct 18, 2016!
Can’t do a family photo with #5, though, since so many Miller kids have grown up and moved away, becoming parents themselves. Rounding everyone up isn’t an option.
Just. Too. Much. Change.
But one thing that has not changed and never will is this:Continue Reading