It’s the time of year when people focus on what they have. As we all know, some blessings are HUGE and some are … small.
When I challenged myself to consider what I’m thankful for, it occurred to me to use the number of years I’ve been on this Earth.
I am 60.
So here’s my list of 60 people and/or things I’m blessed to have in my life. And, no, they are not in order of priority.
- HVAC and a refrigerator
- Food to go in the fridge
- Wife since 1980, Karen
- My “coffice” (couch office)
- A speaking career that isn’t “work”
- Taco III—my current Toyota Tacoma
- Peggy Sue the Pug
- The 9 years we had Nug the Pug
- Kristin, Child #1—my QBQ! teammate
- Tara, Child #2
- Michael, Child #3
- Molly, Child #4
- Charlene, Child #5
- Jazzy, Child #6
- Tasha, Child #7
- Coach/author, David Levin
- My sister, Lucy
- My brother, EJ
- Dad, who taught me much
- Mom—gone 43 years ?
- iPhone X and 11″ MacBook Air
- Denver Rescue Mission
- My reptile hobby
- My 2 friends, excluding Karen ?
- The lone Miller “DIL”—Casey Mae
- Son-in-law, Erik
- Son-in-law, Justin
- Son-in-law, Ricky
- Doris, my “MIL,” 91-years-young
- Mentor, Jim Strutton
- Mentor, W. Steve Brown
- Mentor, Bevan Clark
- The USA and our military men and women
- Joleen Munson, our travel agent for 21 years
- The Office of the POTUS
- RX bars
- Flat screens
- All fresh fruit, but mostly cherries
- Some God-given talent
- 37 pounds of lost weight
- QBQ!—the idea and the book
- Our king-size bed
- Colorado weather
- TV remote controls
- Cheap gasoline
- Free speech
- Bob Feis (CPA) and Steve Jones (investments)
- The American flag and our Nat’l Anthem
- Chicken, mostly dark meat
- Steak, any cut
- The income to buy chicken and steak
- 10 grandchildren ages 8 down to 6 months
- A comb-able head of hair
Because I’m in my 61st year, I’ll do one more:
61. Setbacks, because they’ve helped me grow. ??
Hmm, interesting—what began as an off-the-wall thought of using my age became a very meaningful exercise.
I challenge you to write/type out the number of blessings in your life that matches your age—and then share it with others. It’ll make you think about and be thankful for more than you know!
Merry Christmas to all of you from the QBQ, Inc. team: John and Karen Miller of Denver, Colorado and Kristin Lindeen of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
As always, comments are welcome!