Want to win an autographed copy of the Outstanding! book? See below!
An email came to us that you should only read if you love outstanding customer service stories. Enjoy!
I love the QBQ! book and its message. Whenever I experience a moment of pure personal accountability as a paying customer, I think, These people really understand their own role in this whole thing!
Well, it happened again.
Maui Jim is a maker of great products, namely sunglasses. I’m a big fan. My favorite pair had a little hiccup when a tiny nut broke off of a tiny screw, so I contacted them.
Below is my email to them, a result of the whole experience. I hope you share it with your followers, because this is exactly how an organization should be run!
I have owned a beloved pair of Lahaina sunglasses for more than 5 years. They are just PERFECT!
I sent them back to you to replace the small nut that secured the nosepiece to the lens. Let me tell you the many reasons I’m so happy with your company right now:
1. Amazing product. Quality and style get no better! Maui Jim is a brand I trust.
2. When I called, I spoke with a young man who exhibited all the qualities a company dreams about for its employees. Patience, empathy, a positive approach all around, and extensive knowledge of the return/repair process. When I hung up, I felt good because I had all the info I needed to get the repair done—and I trusted your company even more.
3. Your online form gave me clear and complete instructions about what I needed to do, how to do it, and what to expect when I shipped my glasses to you.
4. When you received my shipment, you let me know it had arrived and you were getting on it ASAP.
5. Before you sent my glasses back, you let me know they were coming and when to expect the shipment.
6. After 5+ years of use, the case had started to degrade (cracked interior, loose exterior). When I received my repaired glasses, a new case cradled them like a gift box—at no extra charge!
7. Best of all, a note letting me know that if I had questions or concerns, I could contact the very person (Samantha) who worked on my glasses at a specific phone number! I have never seen that before! I’m definitely going to reach out to her and thank her for her great work.
It is obvious that Maui Jim’s management has placed the customer first in your corporate culture. For this, you have earned a customer for life!
Carey, a customer note like this is incredibly rare! And one that every organization should want to receive. Though the QBQ! book’s message totally applies, what you have described is exactly what we write about in Outstanding! 47 Ways To Make Your Organization Exceptional.
So, a signed copy of Outstanding! is now on its way to you!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Stories are great teaching tools and your Maui Jim story is … outstanding!