The day after a three-day weekend can be tough. It’s easy to feel, you know, not real peppy.
Possibly I’m not peppy because I’m pooped.
Did you build a deck, cut down trees, plant rose bushes, clean your house top to bottom, entertain? If so, nothing wrong with being tired today.
But maybe the lack of pep is really those I-don’t-love-what-I-do blues. Been there—in a past life.
Now I do love what I do—speaking, training, selling, helping people—but I can still feel that, Ugh, not sure I can get going on this day after a long weekend! feeling.
But then I remember:
I wrote this blog on PERSPECTIVE when beautiful Becca “Boo” was born to daughter, Kristin, in September 2012. We sure were scared there for a few days, but she’s perfect. If you missed it or need some PERSPECTIVE again, read it here.
PERSPECTIVE is a critical thing, and often needed the morning after a holiday weekend. So here’s a dose … for me:
- My wife of 34 years, Karen (@QBQMom), loves me and our marriage is strong.
- I turn 56 this week and I’m healthy and well.
- I’m still missing those 42 pounds I lost beginning in April 2012.
- Every Miller who drove somewhere over the holiday weekend arrived home safely—even if they were just going to the store.
- Karen and I have seven great kids and now three grandkids. McKenna—grandchild #3—was born to daughter, Tara, July 22, 2013. The same day England got a future king, we got a princess.
- Only son, Michael, flies into Denver today to film me speaking in Colorado Springs tomorrow. Dad’s QBQ, Inc. and Mike’s SunPraireFilms.com working together. #ProudFather
- Kristin’s Joshua, age 4, is creative, fun, funny. Uncle Mike 2.0.
- Over the long weekend, I ate 3 meals each day. Some didn’t.
- I have income. Some don’t.
- I have friends. Not many, since I’m not very relational, but the few I have are good ones.
- I have indoor plumbing.
Wow, one look at that list and it’s clear I am over blessed.
Are you way blessed, too? How’s your PERSPECTIVE doing on this day after?
Please share below!
#LifeIsGood. #Blessed #PERSPECTIVE #Grateful #PeppyAgain